Homeless Students/McKinney-Vento Act

Who is eligible to receive help under the McKinney-Vento Act?

If you lost your housing and now live in a shelter, motel, vehicle, camping ground, or temporary trailer; on the street; doubled-up with family or friends; or in another type of temporary or inadequate housing, your child might be able to receive help through a federal law called the McKinney-Vento Act.

If you have questions, regarding homeless students, please call Dr. Laran Crowe at